The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Passengers with a Laissez-Passer issued by the ECOWAS Passport do not require a visa when traveling on duty.
3415 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20007
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have a medical certificate with a negative Covid-19 antigen or RT-PCR test result. The test must have been taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. Also, travelers are subject to medical screening. This does not apply to travelers younger than 7 years. For the most up to date information, please click this link
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least one (1) blank visa page.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo; for nationals of Hong Kong and Macao (SAR China) for a maximum stay of 90 days; for nationals of Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal, Singapore Spain, Switzerland, UK and some other countries for a maximum stay of 30 days.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL for nationals of Argentina, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Rep., El Salvador, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Mexico, Peru, Philippines, Russian Fed., Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, USA, Uganda, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe and some other countries. Must have a valid passport.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|5 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Cash, Cashier's Check, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Tourist/Business||114.00||Multiple||Up to 90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: July 19, 2022