IMPORTANT! Because of the experience we have encountered at the consular office of the Chinese Embassy, our office recommends that any visa application for China be done in person. The GC Visa office will assist you in preparing your application and its requirements, ready to be presented at the Embassy.
2201 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Suite 110, Washington, DC 20007
Drop off: Mon to Fri 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
Pick up: Mon to Fri 9:30 am – 12:30 pm & 1:30 – 2:30 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers arriving directly from the USA must have a green QR code with an ‘HDC’ mark. The code can be obtained at Online Health Declaration with a negative Covid-19 nucleic acid test result or a negative lgM anti-body test result issued at most 2 days before departure. Travelers not arriving directly in China (People’s Rep.) must repeat both test in the transit countries and obtain a new green QR code with a ‘HDC’ mark in each transit country. This does not apply to travelers younger than 3 years. For up to date information, please click this link
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC has consular jurisdiction. It can only process visa application from the residents of the following states: Washington DC, Delaware, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
- APPLY IN PERSON. Some nationalities are required to appear in person to submit their visa applications.
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Mauritius for a stay up to 60 days; for nationals of Brunei Darussalam, Japan and Singapore for a maximum stay of 15 days.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Copy of other passports (If applicable)||✔|
|*Letter of employment||✔||✔|
|Change of name certificate (if applicable)||✔||✔|
|Letter explaining double citizenship||✔|
|Completed "Countries Visited" form|
See Application Form Section to download file.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Signed letter of "No Preaching or Teaching while visiting China"||✔||✔|
|Travel health insurance||✔||✔|
* Letter of Employment MUST contain the following information: name, job title, detail description of job responsibilities, purpose of travel, include a line stating “No preaching or teaching during his/her stay,” signature of employer.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type||Citizenship|
|4 business days||Regular|
|10 to 15 business days||Regular||Non-US Nationals|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Check, Credit Card, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Tourist/Business US Nationals||140.00||Single/Double/Multiple||3/6/12 Months|
|Tourist/Business Non-US Nationals||30.00||Single||3 months|
|Tourist/Business Non-US Nationals||45.00||Double||6 months|
|Tourist/Business Non-US Nationals||60.00||Multiple||6 months|
|Tourist/Business Non-US Nationals||140.00||Multiple||12 months|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: August 1, 2022