2112 S Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). A “Pase de Salud” form must be completed before departure of the flight to Cosa Rica. This will generate a QR code which must be presented upon arrival. Also travelers must have travel insurance with coverage of Covid-19 treatment and accommodation costs.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Costa Rica Embassy at Washington DC has consular jurisdiction. It can only process visa applications from the residents of District of Columbia, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia.
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, El Salvador, France, Germany, Greece, Japan, Mauritius, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Russian Fed., Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, USA, Venezuela and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days. Visa elegibility
- NO VISA REQUIRED for any nationals with Tourist Visa, Permanent Residence (Green Card), Student Visa, or Work Visa issued by Canada, any EU countries, or the US; for any nationals with Refugee status in the US, Canada, or in any of the EU countries.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Complete online application||✔|
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Police clearance report||✔|
|Recent bank statement||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)||✔|
|Yellow fever certificate||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|5 to 7 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: January 19, 2022