3521 International Court NW, Washington, DC 20008
Consular hours: Mon to Fri 9:30 am – 1 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have COVID-19 vaccination certificate or proof of negative RT-PCR test taken 96 hours before departure of the last direct flight to Egypt. For up to date information, please click this link
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Embassy of Egypt has consular jurisdiction. It can only process visa applications from the residents of the following states: Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL is available for nationals of most countries including Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Rep., El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Russian Fed., Singapore, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, UK, USA, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 30 days. Visa can be extended.
- VISA PRE-APPROVAL is required for nationals of Afghanistan, China, Ghana, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nigeria, Philippines and some other countries before Consulate grants a visa.
- E-VISA is available for nationals of Australia, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, UK, US, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 30 days. Eligibility.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US||e-Visa|
|Completed and signed application form (2 copies)|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Complete online application||✔|
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|Copy of passport vital information page (2 copies)||✔||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of flight itinerary (2 copies)||✔||✔|
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only) - 2 copies||✔||✔|
|Proof of legal residency in the US (2 notarized copies)|
Visa Office will notarize
* Consular Fees will vary according to nationality.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|10 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Cash, Cashier's Check,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|e-Visa Service Fee||60.00|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: September 26, 2022