3506 International Drive NW, Washington, DC 20008
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test results 72 hours before departure or a Covid-19 rapid antigen test taken at most 24 hours before arrival or a Covid-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before arrival. For up to date information, click on this link
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages
- VISA ON ARRIVAL for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, Russian Fed., South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, UK, USA, and some other countries can be obtained at Addis Ababa, Bole International airport. Must have a valid passport, one recent passport photo, and $50 USD cash.
- BUSINESS VISA ON ARRIVAL for nationals of the countries listed above, MUST have confirmation that a visa has been approved before departure and a letter of invitation issued by the hosting organization.
- E-VISA is available for most nationals of eligible countries.
- TRANSIT WITHOUT A VISA for holders of onward tickets for a maximum transit time of 12 hours and must stay in the international transit area of the airport.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US||e-Visa|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Completed e-Visa application form||✔|
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Application letter to FDRE immigration|
A letter written by the inviting company/institution/organization addressed to the National Immigration and Vital Events Agency in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate (optional)|
If the applicant has been in a yellow fever endemic country, the applicant must bring a yellow fever certificate when traveling.
|Enclose a pre-paid return envelope|
the GC Visa office will provide.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|3 business days||e-Visa|
|3 to 5 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Tourist/Busines US Nationals||70.00||Two years|
|Tourist Visa Non-US Nationals||40.00||Single||30 days|
|Tourist Non-US Nationals||60.00||Single||3 months|
|Tourist Non-US Nationals||70.00||Multiple||3 months|
|Tourist Non-US Nationals||80.00||Multiple||6 months|
|Business (Investments)||30.00||Single||1 month|
|Business (Short meeting, Workshop & Seminar)||30.00||Single||1 month|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: November 16, 2022