Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
3000 Whitehaven Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they are fully vaccinated. For up to date information, please click this link
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Embassy of Italy in Washington DC processes visa application ONLY from the following region: District of Columbia, Maryland (Montgomery and Prince George’s counties), Virginia (Arlington &, Fairfax Counties & the Cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax). All other counties in Maryland and in Virginia fall under the jurisdiction of the Consulate General of Italy in Philadelphia.
- VISA APPLICATION PROCESS. Read the following link to guide you with the application process: Visa application step-by-step
- APPLY IN PERSON. All applicants must schedule an appointment and appear in person. Click link to schedule an appointment
- APPLICATION FORM. Schengen VISA applications must be filled-out online. Click on the link below – Online Application Form.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Mexico, Peru, Singapore, Schengen Countries, Trinidad & Tobago, UK, USA, Venezuela and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days. Must have a valid passport.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Recent bank statement||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of legal residency in the US (original & copy)||✔|
|Travel health insurance||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type||Citizenship|
|7 to 15 business days||Regular||Other countries|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Cash, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Schengen Visa (Short Stay)||96.60||Multiple||Up to 90 days|
|Schengen Visa Other countries||48.30||Multiple||Short Stay|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: September 15, 2022