2222 S Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
Consular hours: Mon to Fri 9 am – 12 pm & 1 – 4:30 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they are fully vaccinated or a negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test result issued at least 48 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. For up to date information, please click this link
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Indonesia, Philippines, Russian Fed., Singapore, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 30 days. Must have a valid passport.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL (VOA) for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Rep., El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Mexico, Peru, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Uganda, UK, USA, Venezuela, and some other countries. VOA can be obtained at Luang Prabang (LPQ), Pakse (PKZ), and Vientiane (VTE) airports for a maximum stay of 30 days. Must have confirmed hotel reservations, a passport photo, and all travel documentation needed for the next destination.
- E-visa can be obtained before departure. Passengers must have a printed e-visa confirmation and can only enter at Wattay international airport (VTE).
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|10 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Tourist/Business US Nationals||50.00||Single|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: September 19, 2022