2222 S Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
Consular hours: Mon to Fri 9 am – 12 pm & 1 – 4:30 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have a printed medical certificate with a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point and a complete Health Declaration form must be presented upon arrival. Travelers may also subject to a Covid-19 PCR test and quarantine for 14 days.
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Indonesia, Philippines, Russian Fed., Singapore, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 30 days. Must have a valid passport.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL (VOA) for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Rep., El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Mexico, Peru, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Uganda, UK, USA, Venezuela, and some other countries. VOA can be obtained at Luang Prabang (LPQ), Pakse (PKZ), and Vientiane (VTE) airports for a maximum stay of 30 days. Must have confirmed hotel reservations, a passport photo, and all travel documentation needed for the next destination.
- E-visa can be obtained before departure. Passengers must have a printed e-visa confirmation and can only enter at Wattay international airport (VTE).
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos||✔||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)||✔||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|10 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Rush Service||70.00||2 months|
|Tourist/Business US Nationals||50.00|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: August 31, 2021