The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Passengers with a Laissez-Passer issued by the ECOWAS Passport do not require a visa when traveling on duty.
5201 16th Street NW, Washington, DC 20011
Consular hours: Drop Mon to Thurs 10 am – 3 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (subject to change). Travelers must have COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they are fully vaccinated. For up to date information, click on this link
- Passport must have at least six (6) months validity remaining beyond stay and at least one (1) blank visa page.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of the ECOWAS countries.
- MINOR APPLICANTS. A notarized signed consent letter of parents or guardian and a copy of birth certificate must accompany the application.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy or Immigration officer of the country. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Letter of support|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|10 business days||Regular|
|1 business day||Rush|
|Same day||Super Rush|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Credit Card, Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Tourist/Business US Nationals||160.00||Multiple||1 year|
|Tourist/Business Non-US Nationals||70.00||Single||3 months|
|Tourist/Business Non-US Nationals||150.00||Multiple||1 year|
|Tourist/Business Non-US Nationals||250.00||Multiple||2 years|
|Tourist/Business Non-US Nationals||350.00||Multiple||3 years|
|Same day Service (extra)||75.00|
|Next day Service (extra)||50.00|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: November 16, 2022