Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
2224 Wyoming Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
Mon, Thurs & Fri 9 am – 1 pm
Wed 1 – 4 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers are subject to quarantine for 10 days, unless they meet one of the following conditions: fully vaccinated and the vaccination must be certified by the EU digital COVID certificate. Complete information can be found here.
- APPLY IN PERSON. First time applicants must appear in person at the Consular office to submit applications. Register your application to e-consulate
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The embassy processes visa applications from the residents of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, North & South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, DC, The American Virgin Islands, and other USA overseas territories, as well as Puerto Rico and Bahamas.
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, UK/British overseas citizen, USA, Venezuela, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Copy of other valid passport|
Be ready to show the original.
|Complete online application||✔|
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo||✔|
|Copy of passport vital information page||✔|
|Invitation letter (Business visa only)||✔|
|Letter of employment (Business visa only)|
Visa Office will provide this for GC employees.
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Copy of driver's license||✔|
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)||✔|
|Travel health insurance||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|4 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Schengen Visa Non-US Nationals||72.00||Single/Double/Multiple||Up to 90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: May 16, 2022