A foreigner who wants to visit simultaneously the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda for tourism is eligible for an East Africa Tourist Visa.
An East Africa Tourist Visa is multiple entries within the three countries and shall be valid for 90 days.
Applications for this visa shall be lodged at any of the diplomatic representation of the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda, at the Immigration Offices of the respective countries or online where applicable.
1714 New Hampshire Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20009
Consular hours: Mon to Thurs 9 am – 1 pm & 1:30 – 3 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Covid-19 testing is no longer a requirement prior to boarding the flight to Rwanda. However, regular Covid-19 testing is encouraged.
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and must have at least one (1) blank visa page.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Burundi, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda for a maximum stay of 6 months; for nationals of Angola, Benin, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Haiti, Indonesia, Mauritius, Philippines, Singapore and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL is available for any nationals for a maximum stay of 30 days. Contact the GC Visa Office for more information.
- EAST AFRICA VISA valid for Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. This visa should be applied through the country of first destination.
- E-Visa can be obtained before departure at: www.migration.gov.rw . Passenger must have a printed e-visa confirmation.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US||e-Visa|
|Completed and signed application form (2 copies)|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔|
|Invitation letter (Business visa only)||✔||✔||✔|
|Cover letter (Tourist Visa)|
Stating the purpose and duration of visit (Tourist Visa)
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
*Travelers will receive “Visa Acceptance Approval” when they submitted their application online and the e-visa is approved. The “Visa Acceptance Approval” needs to be presented at the Port of Entry. There will be a visa fee of $30 for a 30-days stay.
Forms and Links
Application Form East Africa Visa Application form
|Processing time||Service type|
|4 to 14 business days||Regular|
|4 business days||Rush|
|3 business days||e-Visa|
|3 business days||East African Tourist Visa|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Tourist (V1) & (V2)||50.00||Single||30 days|
|Tourist (V1) & (V2)||70.00||Multiple||Up to 90 days|
|Business/Conference (V5)||50.00||Single||30 days|
|East African Travel Visa (V11)||100.00||Multiple||Up to 90 days|
|Rush Service (Extra)||30.00|
|Long Term Visa (V12) US Nationals||160.00||Multiple||10 years|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: November 10, 2022