São Tomé and Príncipe does not currently maintain an embassy in the United States. A Sao Tome’s visa may be obtained at the country Permanent Mission to the United Nation in New York.
1211 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite #300, Washington, DC 20036
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have a printed medical certificate with a negative Covid-19 PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure.
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and must have at least one (1) blank visa page.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, Portugal, and Timor-Leste.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Canada, France, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Japan, Russian Fed., Spain, Switzerland, USA and some other countries for a maximum stay of 15 days.
- E-visa can be obtained before departure. Passengers MUST have a printed e-visa confirmation.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US||e-Visa|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔||✔||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
Forms and Links
Application Form (Visa on Arrival)
|Processing time||Service type|
|7 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Credit Card,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: August 3, 2021