Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
2375 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20037
Consular hours: Mon to Thurs 9 am – 1 pm.
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must have a negative Covid-19 RT- PCR test taken at most 48 hours before arrival or a Covid-19 vaccination certificate showing that they are fully vaccinated or a Covid-19 recovery certificate issued at least 11 days after the positive Covid-19 NAAT result. Travelers must complete a “FCS Health Control Form.” A QR code generated from the completed form must be presented upon arrival.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION: The Spain Embassy can only process applications from Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC, and West Virginia.
- APPLY IN PERSON. Applicant must appear in person at the embassy. No appointment is needed. Visa application is accepted on a first come first serve basis and cannot be submitted earlier than 90 days from the departure date.
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Mauritius, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Singapore, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, USA, UK/British Overseas citizens, Venezuela and other nationals for up to 90 days stay.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Recent bank statement||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of legal residency in the US (original & copy)||✔|
|Travel health insurance||✔|
*Letter of invitation: Letter must be from a citizen or a legal resident of Spain and issued by the local police station. The embassy in Washington DC requires the ORIGINAL letter.
Note: Original and one (1) photocopy of each required document should be submitted with the application.
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|7 to 15 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Schengen Visa Non-US Nationals||89.00||Single/Double/Multiple||Up to 90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: May 16, 2022