Schengen Countries are countries that have signed an agreement, currently between 26 European States, to remove immigration controls to travel within their collective territories. This means entry into one Schengen Member State gives free access to all the other Schengen states.
If the visit includes more than one destination, the visa has to be applied to the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is the main destination of the journey (length of stay or the purpose). If no main destination is determined, the visa application should be submitted to the Schengen country of first entry.
2900 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20007
VFS Global Service: 1025 Vermont Avenue NW, Suite # 200, Washington, DC 20005
VFS phone number: (347) 329-2738
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers entering or transiting through Sweden must have a negative Covid-19 test taken at most 48 hours before arrival. Test accepted are: antigen, LAMP, PCR, and TMA.
- CONSULAR JURISDICTION. The Sweden Embassy only processes visa applications for states that are part of the Washington DC jurisdiction.
- APPLY IN PERSON. Applicants need to schedule an appointment and appear in person to apply for a visa through VFS Global Services – https://www.vfsglobal.se/usa/
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, UK, USA, Venezuela, and some other countries for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - one (1) photo|
White background and should be free of shadows, in color and clear, without glasses. Applicants must directly face camera w/ a neutral expression and clearly visible eyes.
|Copy of valid passport's vital information page||✔|
Letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of the Embassy in Washington DC. Must include: applicant's name as in passport, passport number, detailing the reason for traveling, dates, name, address and telephone number of the host.
|Letter of employment||✔|
|Bank statements (last three (3) months)||✔|
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Copy of hotel reservation/Evidence of address while staying in the country.||✔|
|Letter of support|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of legal residency in the US (original & copy)||✔|
|Travel health insurance||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|3 to 4 weeks||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
|Schengen Visa Non-US Nationals||60.00||Multiple||Up to 90 days|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: August 5, 2021