The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
Passengers with a Laissez-Passer issued by the ECOWAS Passport do not require a visa when traveling on duty.
2208 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008
Consular hours: Mon to Fri 9 am – 12 pm
- COVID-19 REGULATIONS (Subject to change). Travelers must complete a “Travel Form” and have medical certificate with a negative Covid-19 PCR test result. The test must have been taken at most 7 days before arrival and to be uploaded online. Also, travelers are subject to Covid-19 PCR test upon arrival. The test must be paid online before departure. Receipt or a QR code must be presented upon arrival.
- Passport must have six (6) months validity beyond the completion of a trip and at least one (1) blank visa page.
- NO VISA REQUIRED for nationals of Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, and Sierra Leone.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL for nationals of China, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK, USA, and any other countries for a maximum stay of 7 days. Must have a valid passport, return/onward tickets, and 3 passport photos.
- For more information and questions contact the GC Visa office.
|Visa Application Requirements||US||NON-US|
|Completed and signed application form (2 copies)|
The application must be typewritten. Not handwritten.
|Passport size photos - two (2) photos|
White background and should be free of shadows, photo is clear and in color, glasses not allowed. Applicant is directly facing camera w/ a neutral expression, eyes are clearly visible.
|Copy of flight itinerary|
A round trip travel airline ticket with traveler's name.
|Letter of support (Business visa only)|
The GC Visa office will provide
|Proof of valid legal residency in the US (copy only)|
Be ready to show the original when applying in person.
|Yellow fever certificate||✔||✔|
Forms and Links
|Processing time||Service type|
|10 business days||Regular|
Fee per Visa
Payment Method: Money Order,
|Type of Visa||Fee per Visa||Type of entry||Term of visa|
- Allow (2) two extra days for GC Visa Office to process your application.
- For Long Term/Work Visa and Children under 18, Contact GC Visa Office.
- Please note that Embassies/Country Representative Offices change the requirements on a regular basis without notifying us.
- There is a GC surcharge for our services.
Last updated: August 10, 2021